- Columbia University, New York: Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.
- New York University: B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Murray Hill, NJ, USA
Head of Mathematics of Systems Research Department
Honors and Awards
- IEEE Fellow
- Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
- Elected member of IFIP Working Group 7.3
- Elected member of Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
- Associate Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Cloud Computing Journal
- Associate Editor, IEEE Network Magazine
- Co-Chair of Technical program, INFOCOM 2012
- Associate Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN) (2009-2014)
- Guest Editor, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC)
- Served on steering committees, program committees, or as Area Chair of numerous IEEE and ACM conferences related to Networking: IEEE Infocom, ACM SIGCOMM, ACM SIGMETRICS, IEEE/ACM Symposium on Quality of Service, IEEE Distributed Computing Systems, etc.
- "Virtual machine placement in a cloud-based network,"
U.S. Patent Number 9286134, March 2016.
- "Cache management system and method and content distribution system incorporating the same,"
U.S. Patent Number 8949161, February 2015.
- "Tone advisor, a tone assisting system and a method of associating tones with callers,"
U.S. Patent Number 9185239, November 2015.
- "Allocating Upstream Bandwidth in an Optical Communication Network,"
U.S. Patent Number 9148243, September 2015.
- "Intelligent Media Gateway Selection For Multimedia Communication Sessions,"
U.S. Patent Number 8937957, January 2015.
- "Dynamic bandwidth adjustment of a link in a data network,"
U.S. Patent Number 8797852, August 2014.
- "System and method for prioritizing session initiation protocol (SIP) messages,"
U.S. Patent Number 7660321, February 2010.
- "Hybrid optical and data networks,"
U.S. Patent Number 7466916, December 2008.
- "System and method of network traffic assignment on multiple parallel links between IP/MPLS routers,"
U.S. Patent Number 7352747, April 2008.
- "Packet scheduling in a communication network with statistical multiplexing of service classes,"
U.S. Patent Number 6567415, May 2003.
- "Adaptive processor scheduler and method for Reservation Protocol message processing,"
U.S. Patent Number 6353616, March 2002.
- "Traffic shaper for network nodes and method thereof,"
U.S. Patent Number 5978356, November 1999.
- "Method for admission control and routing by allocating network resources in network nodes,"
U.S. Patent Number 5838663, November 1998.
- "Method for integrated congestion control in networks,"
U.S. Patent Number 5,646,943, July 1997.