- 2016 - Ph.D. "Online Privacy and Reliability". Advisor Prof Ely Porat, Department of Computer Science, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel.
- 2004 - M.Sc., "New directions in constructing efficient and secure designated confirmer signatures". Advisor Prof. Shafi Goldwasser, Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
- 1999- BA, Mathematics and Computer Science. Bar-Ilan University. Ramat-Gan, Israel. Graduated Cum Laude.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Erez joined Nokia Bell Labs in 2016 after working for 20 years at various security and networking companies. In his last role as a security architect at Cisco, Erez focused on IoT and content protection. In this role Erez was a co-inventor of a new content scrambling algorithm for Pay-TV systems (CSA-3).
Erez academic research focused on Cryptography, both in his M.Sc. studies at the Weizmann Institute of Science and in his Ph.D. studies at the Bar-Ilan university.
During the time of his studies Erez taught security and cryptography courses at Bar-Ilan University and the Open University.
- Computational & Algorithmic Sciences
Selected Articles and Publications
- Ran Ben Basat, Gil Einziger, Roy Friedman, Marcelo Caggiani Luizelli, Erez Waisbard: Constant Time Updates in Hierarchical Heavy Hitters. Sigcomm 2017
- Gil Einziger, Marcelo Caggiani Luizelli, Erez Waisbard: Constant Time Weighted Frequency Estimation for Virtual Network Functionalities. ICCCN 2017.
- Ely Porat, Erez Waisbard: Efficient signature scheme for network coding. ISIT 2012: 1987-1991
- Tzachy Reinman, Erez Waisbard: PPiTTA - Preserving Privacy in TV Targeted Advertising. SECRYPT 2012: 327-332
- Amir Herzberg, Ely Porat, Nir Soffer, Erez Waisbard: Camouflaged Private Communication. SocialCom/PASSAT 2011: 1159-1162
- Yehuda Lindell, Erez Waisbard: Private Web Search with Malicious Adversaries. Privacy Enhancing Technologies 2010: 220-235
- Shafi Goldwasser, Erez Waisbard: Transformation of Digital Signature Schemes into Designated Confirmer Signature Schemes. TCC 2004: 77-100
- US8782281 OPTIMALLY ADAPTING MULTIMEDIA CONTENT FOR MOBILE SUBSCRIBER DEVICE PLAYBACK
- US8677462 EFFICIENT AND SECURE RENEWAL OF ENTITLEMENTS
- US8005215 TABLE-SHUFFLE STREAM CIPHER SYSTEM
- US8417963 SECURE READ-WRITE STORAGE DEVICE
- US8527756 SECURITY DEVICE AND BUILDING BLOCK FUNCTIONS
- US8437470 METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR BLOCK CIPHER ENCRYPTION
- US8176546 TIME INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- US7903820 IMPROVED KEY PRODUCTION SYSTEM
- US8396222 KEY DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
- US9124929 SECURE FAST CHANNEL CHANGING
- US9124770 METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR PREVENTION OF CONTROL WORD SHARING
- US9213847 COMPUTER-IMPLEMENTED METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR ENCODING NATURAL-LANGUAGE TEXT CONTENT AND/OR DETECTING PLAGIARISM
- US9407434 SECRETS RENEWABILITY